Will any 802.11g wireless access point work with an Apple Airport Extreme card?

Old July 4th 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave

Default Will any 802.11g wireless access point work with an Apple Airport Extreme card?

Devices from different mfgrs which are manufactured to the same standard
should in theory work together. But most people don't recommend mixing
manufacturers. Imagine if you have a problem with the connection and need
technical support or try to make good on a warranty - one company is going
to blame the other's product.

"junky_dan" wrote in message
I'm the very happy owner of a new G4 Powerbook, and I'm looking to add
wireless networking (by buying an Airport Extreme card). However, I'd
prefer not to pay over the odds for Apple's Airport Extreme base station
if another manufacturer's wi-fi access point will work just as well.

Does anybody have any experience with using a Powerbook with another
brand of wireless access point?

Old July 4th 03, 10:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 4 Jul
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Dave"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Devices from different mfgrs which are manufactured to the same standard
should in theory work together. But most people don't recommend mixing
manufacturers. Imagine if you have a problem with the connection and need
technical support or try to make good on a warranty - one company is going
to blame the other's product.

There is also the problem that there are currently no 11g standard devices on
the market.

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk AC: deKay in Sponge