ICS - why can't I get it to work?

Old July 5th 03, 10:28 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
selective override

Default ICS - why can't I get it to work?

I guess I am being dumb here, but I just cannot get my Internet
connection sharing to work.
I have a 2 pc ad-hoc wireless network which works fine as far as file
sharing is concerned (both pcs are running ME). The host is connected to
a broadband service and that is just great as well..... but....
as soon as I try to enable ICS, not only do I not get any connection to
the browser on the client pc, but the host suddenly fails to connect to
the broadband service.
I have tried uninstalling, re-installing several times over; I have
tinkered with the TCP/IP settings, but can get no change from this
situation. Have I overlooked something obvious? Is it me?

steve

Old July 5th 03, 06:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
selective override

Thanks David

Using the advice on "practicallynetworked" I was able to sort out the
bugs and it all appears to work now.

cheers

steve

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 13:05:17 +0100, "Bluemax"
wrote:

I am not an expert but having been in your situation I know the frustration.
I was advised to try this website by my IT dept at work and I sorted my
network out very simple to follow.

www.practicallynetworked.com
www.practicalnetworking.com

I use the method of 2 network cards in my main PC into a hub and onto 2 PCs
and a Applemac powerbook.
Good Luck
David

--
Replace "nospam" with "uk" to reply.
Old July 5th 03, 11:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tx2

In ,
selective override typed:

Using the advice on "practicallynetworked" I was able to sort out the
bugs

.... which were?