Will any 802.11g wireless access point work with an Apple Airport Extreme card?

Old July 5th 03, 05:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cuffy

Default Will any 802.11g wireless access point work with an Apple Airport Extreme card?

"junky_dan" wrote in message
I'm the very happy owner of a new G4 Powerbook, and I'm looking to add
wireless networking (by buying an Airport Extreme card). However, I'd
prefer not to pay over the odds for Apple's Airport Extreme base station
if another manufacturer's wi-fi access point will work just as well.

Does anybody have any experience with using a Powerbook with another
brand of wireless access point?

I have a 12in Powerbook G4 with Airport Extreme card. I have been using it
successfully with a Linksys Wireless G broadband router with no problems
for the past three months.

Purchased mine from Amazon for 104.50.