Can I disconnect other PC's from Internet?

Old July 6th 03, 09:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
ripper

Default Can I disconnect other PC's from Internet?

I have four pc's on home network and sharing the internet connection through
a Netgear DG814 router. My son always has a room full of his friends and
farting around on the internet chatrooms with Windows Messenger. I can never
seem to get rid of all these people.
Is it possible for me to disconnect him from the net with my pc also
connected to the router.
I could pull the plug out the router, but he would just put it back again
when my back was turned.
I dont want to permanently disconnect him, only when he has a room full of
people.
TIA

Old July 6th 03, 10:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 6 Jul
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "ripper"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

I have four pc's on home network and sharing the internet connection through
a Netgear DG814 router. My son always has a room full of his friends and
farting around on the internet chatrooms with Windows Messenger. I can never
seem to get rid of all these people.
Is it possible for me to disconnect him from the net with my pc also
connected to the router.
I could pull the plug out the router, but he would just put it back again
when my back was turned.
I dont want to permanently disconnect him, only when he has a room full of
people.

Have a look at the Filters options in the router control panel.

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk AC: deKay in Sponge
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk Gamertag: deKay 01
Old July 6th 03, 10:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gripper

"ripper" wrote i
I have four pc's on home network and sharing the internet connection

through
a Netgear DG814 router. My son always has a room full of his friends and
farting around on the internet chatrooms with Windows Messenger. I can

never
seem to get rid of all these people.
Is it possible for me to disconnect him from the net with my pc also
connected to the router.
I could pull the plug out the router, but he would just put it back again
when my back was turned.
I dont want to permanently disconnect him, only when he has a room full of
people.
TIA

Hi ripper, Gripper here! have a look at this:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...com%26rnum%3D4
sorry about the long URL but I don't know how to shorten it. Anyway I had
the same sort of problem and with some Usenet help (thanks Rob) managed to
do what you want
HTH
Neil

Old July 6th 03, 10:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gripper

"ripper" wrote

oops also need this link: again a long one

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...com%26rnum%3D1

Neil

Old July 6th 03, 11:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
ukjay

"ripper" wrote in message
I have four pc's on home network and sharing the internet connection

through
a Netgear DG814 router. My son always has a room full of his friends and
farting around on the internet chatrooms with Windows Messenger. I can

never
seem to get rid of all these people.
Is it possible for me to disconnect him from the net with my pc also
connected to the router.
I could pull the plug out the router, but he would just put it back again
when my back was turned.
I dont want to permanently disconnect him, only when he has a room full of
people.
TIA

Your son & his chums may know more than you, and block you from your own
network...

:-)

Why not just talk to him?

--
kJ

http://www.ukjay.com

Old July 6th 03, 11:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article ,
says...

That would be http://tinyurl.com/g5zg then :-)
Old July 7th 03, 08:14 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan

Where is your router? just unplug the damned Ethernet cable to his room!

"Ian Clark" wrote in message

"ripper" wrote in message
I have four pc's on home network and sharing the internet connection

through
a Netgear DG814 router. My son always has a room full of his friends and
farting around on the internet chatrooms with Windows Messenger. I can

never
seem to get rid of all these people.
Is it possible for me to disconnect him from the net with my pc also
connected to the router.
I could pull the plug out the router, but he would just put it back

again
when my back was turned.
I dont want to permanently disconnect him, only when he has a room full

of
people.
TIA

I think you need to learn parenting more than remote network access. If

you
can't rid of all the people from your own home then something is seriously
wrong.