Netgear RT311

Old July 9th 03, 01:00 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Muggy

Default Netgear RT311

I have an RT314 that's been attached to my Blueyonder connection for the
past two and a half years without problems. It's basically the same model
with a switch attached.

What sort of problems are you having? I've know people on NTL with this
model who've not had any problems.

on seemingly random occasions (every couple of hours or even weeks) i loose
connection to the internet, i cant browse the web or even ping but strangely
msn messenger still works. I quick reboot of the router and everythings fine
again.

Any ideas?

Muggy
http://www.lethargymusic.co.uk

Old July 11th 03, 01:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Muggy

Hi

Firmware would be the obvious first question, what version do you have?

You
might also have a problem with your cable modem which cause the connection
to drop and the router not seeing it when it reboots. There are two thing
you can do, first check the modem logs and see if you have any signal
problems or if it reboots when you lose the connection. The second thing

is
to use a program called Gearminder from here
http://www.edcheung.com/automa/gm.htm - it will check your connection and
then drop/renew the dynamic IP for the WAN connection.

Regards

Bill

I have the latest firmware, it happened again last night with no warning and
nothing showed up on my cablemodem logs, and but signal problems would cause
the modem to reboot but nothing happened. Again a reboot using telnet solved
it.