Newbie VPN Help Req'd

Old July 10th 03, 04:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Zn

Default Newbie VPN Help Req'd

Hello,

I want to set up a VPN on my home network so that when I am at work I can
link to my home network as though I was there. I have BT ADSL 500 and my
comps connect via a D-link DSL504 Router. I obviously need to set up one of
my pc to accept connections from the internet, but how do I do this. I'm
abit of a novice. Is the software that does this built into XP pro and or
Win2k Advanced Server? How do I activate this? Will the fact that my
router uses NAT cause problems?

I realise I am asking a lot here, but any advice, weblinks etc would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Zen

Old July 10th 03, 07:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Clansman

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:55:13 +0000 (UTC), "Zn" wrote:

Hello,

I want to set up a VPN on my home network so that when I am at work I can
link to my home network as though I was there. I have BT ADSL 500 and my
comps connect via a D-link DSL504 Router. I obviously need to set up one of
my pc to accept connections from the internet, but how do I do this. I'm
abit of a novice. Is the software that does this built into XP pro and or
Win2k Advanced Server? How do I activate this? Will the fact that my
router uses NAT cause problems?

In both Win2K & XP Pro, at the desktop press F1 for the help, type VPN into
the search box and they'll both tell you all about how to do it.

Clansman