BroadbanterBanter

BroadbanterBanter (http://www.broadbandbanter.co.uk/forum.php)
-   uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) (http://www.broadbandbanter.co.uk/uk-comp-home-networking-uk-home/)
-   -   Different CPU's (http://www.broadbandbanter.co.uk/23056-different-cpus.html)

Brendon July 11th 03 04:36 PM

Different CPU's

Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

Brendon

Groove July 11th 03 05:26 PM

Different CPU's

Brendon said this...

Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

Does it matter that some fish are cod and some are halibut?

I'm sorry, please rephrase your question.
--
~ dvd ~

Newt July 11th 03 11:13 PM

Different CPU's

"Brendon" wrote in message
Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

Brendon

In a network it doesnt matter what the other machines cpu's, ram, specs are,
or what OS come to that.

Dr Zoidberg July 12th 03 08:27 AM

Different CPU's

Brendon wrote:
Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

If you mean "Will it cause problems when networking them" then the answer is
no.
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Rob Morley July 12th 03 12:44 PM

Different CPU's

In article ,
says...

"Brendon" wrote
Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

yes

Go on then - tell us the punchline.

Ian Clark July 12th 03 04:52 PM

Different CPU's

"Brendon" wrote in message
Brendon wrote in news:[email protected]
203.59.27.131:

Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

Brendon

thanks everyone

Brendon

Now I'm confused.. he replied to himself. !

In reference to your original questions.. Yes it does.. but there are
tonnes of reasons why. maybe if you stated your reasons for asking, you'd
get a better response.

Gripper July 12th 03 06:17 PM

Different CPU's

"Rob Morley" wrote
yes

Go on then - tell us the punchline.

Sorry Rob no punchline just thought such a concise question demanded a
concise answer.

Here's a consolation prize with a real punchline:
(stop reading now if easily offended)
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

A man goes into a bar, with a huge brown bear.
The landlord (not surprisingly) flip's and shouts:
"GET THAT F***ING BEAR OUT OF HERE".

The man smiles and assures the landlord that his bear, is a gentle
creature who would not hurt a fly. In an attempt to prove it, whips out
his Dick, sticks it in the bears mouth and then whacks the bears head
with his walking stick. . .
The bear gives a long slow (sorrowful) blink, but the mans Dick remains
intact.

The landlord is somewhat mollified, but not convinced; so the man turns
to by now enthralled onlookers and asks loudly: "DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT A
GO?"
a little old lady nervously raises her hand and says,

"I'll have a go . . .
but don't hit me so hard with the stick, will you"

Rob Morley July 12th 03 07:50 PM

Different CPU's

In article ,
says...

"Rob Morley" wrote
yes

Go on then - tell us the punchline.

Sorry Rob no punchline just thought such a concise question demanded a
concise answer.

Indeed :-)

Here's a consolation prize with a real punchline:
(stop reading now if easily offended)

snipped joke

I thought it was funny, someone else moaned and said "That's dreadful".

Ian Northeast July 12th 03 08:51 PM

Different CPU's

Rob Morley wrote:

snipped joke

I thought it was funny, someone else moaned and said "That's dreadful".

Absolutely, hitting bears over the head with sticks is quite out of
order these days.

Regards, Ian

Conor July 13th 03 02:59 AM

Different CPU's

In article , [email protected]
from-hell.demon.co.uk says...
Rob Morley wrote:

snipped joke

I thought it was funny, someone else moaned and said "That's dreadful".

Absolutely, hitting bears over the head with sticks is quite out of
order these days.

True. Far better to just poke them with a cattle prod.

--
Conor Turton

ICQ:31909763