Different CPU's

Old July 11th 03, 04:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brendon

Default Different CPU's

Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

Brendon
Old July 11th 03, 05:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Groove

Brendon said this...

Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

Does it matter that some fish are cod and some are halibut?

I'm sorry, please rephrase your question.
--
~ dvd ~
Old July 11th 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Newt

"Brendon" wrote in message
Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

Brendon

In a network it doesnt matter what the other machines cpu's, ram, specs are,
or what OS come to that.

Old July 12th 03, 08:27 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Brendon wrote:
Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

If you mean "Will it cause problems when networking them" then the answer is
no.
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Old July 12th 03, 12:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article ,
says...

"Brendon" wrote
Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

yes

Go on then - tell us the punchline.

Old July 12th 03, 04:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Clark

"Brendon" wrote in message
Brendon wrote in news:[email protected]
203.59.27.131:

Does it matter if some pc's are Intel and others AMD?

Brendon

thanks everyone

Brendon

Now I'm confused.. he replied to himself. !

In reference to your original questions.. Yes it does.. but there are
tonnes of reasons why. maybe if you stated your reasons for asking, you'd
get a better response.

Old July 12th 03, 06:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gripper

"Rob Morley" wrote
yes

Go on then - tell us the punchline.

Sorry Rob no punchline just thought such a concise question demanded a
concise answer.

Here's a consolation prize with a real punchline:
(stop reading now if easily offended)
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

A man goes into a bar, with a huge brown bear.
The landlord (not surprisingly) flip's and shouts:
"GET THAT F***ING BEAR OUT OF HERE".

The man smiles and assures the landlord that his bear, is a gentle
creature who would not hurt a fly. In an attempt to prove it, whips out
his Dick, sticks it in the bears mouth and then whacks the bears head
with his walking stick. . .
The bear gives a long slow (sorrowful) blink, but the mans Dick remains
intact.

The landlord is somewhat mollified, but not convinced; so the man turns
to by now enthralled onlookers and asks loudly: "DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT A
GO?"
a little old lady nervously raises her hand and says,

"I'll have a go . . .
but don't hit me so hard with the stick, will you"

Old July 12th 03, 08:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Northeast

Rob Morley wrote:

snipped joke

I thought it was funny, someone else moaned and said "That's dreadful".

Absolutely, hitting bears over the head with sticks is quite out of
order these days.

Regards, Ian
Old July 13th 03, 02:59 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article , [email protected]
from-hell.demon.co.uk says...
Rob Morley wrote:

snipped joke

I thought it was funny, someone else moaned and said "That's dreadful".

Absolutely, hitting bears over the head with sticks is quite out of
order these days.

True. Far better to just poke them with a cattle prod.

--
Conor Turton

ICQ:31909763