OPinions on broadband routers please

Old July 13th 03, 11:36 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
andmoreagain

Default OPinions on broadband routers please

I'm looking to get a broadband router with 4 port hub to be used with NTLs
cable modem service. i;m looking at either the Netgear RP614, the Dlink
DI-604 or the Linksys BEFSR41.

we're gonna want to use MSN messenger, play games use Kazaa etc - probably
nothing out of the ordinary.

any suggestions as to which may be best or are they all pretty much the
same. i've used other d-link and netgear stuff and always found them to be
good but i have no eexperience with linksys.

TIA

Old July 14th 03, 11:23 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dunc

I originally had a Belkin 4 port DSL router, and was frustrated by the way
it wouldnt allow me to send and receive files and participate in audio video
in MSN Messenger conversations across the Internet. This was solved with
the Linksys BEFSR41 router. This is because of UPnP I'm told. Not sure on
the spec of the other routers you've used but I know for sure the Linksys
BEFSR41 does support full functionality of MSN Messenger.

Dunc

Old July 14th 03, 12:20 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Marcus Fox

"David Elsworth" wrote in message
in article , andmoreagain

at
wrote on 13/7/03 11:36 am:

I'm looking to get a broadband router with 4 port hub to be used with

NTLs
cable modem service. i;m looking at either the Netgear RP614, the Dlink
DI-604 or the Linksys BEFSR41.

Any of these have a built in print server?

Marcus