home networking

Old July 16th 03, 07:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tinnes

Default home networking

Dear all,

I have a small home network (maybe I haven't)...
1.Desktop running Win XP pro
2.Laptop running Win XP Pro
3.Laptop running Win XP Pro

I am thinking to make the desktop as a file server...

They are all connected to netgear DSL gateway under workgroup MSHOME.
Connection to the internet for all the computer is fine.... but for some
reason I cannot see the content of my MSHOME from laptop.....

What I am hoping to achieve is that I can logon to laptop and get files from
the desktop (vice versa) and also put the mail folder in desktop.

Can someone help me to achieve these?

Thank you very much
Achim