stop start wireless network?????

Old July 17th 03, 11:02 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BRG

Default stop start wireless network?????

"keith r." wrote in
:

I have recently set up a wireless network with a netgear ma101
usb adaptor on my laptop downstairs being served by my netgear
router upstairs. for no aparent reason the laptop drops the
wireless link and doesn't even see the wireless network.
Now i am very new to the whole networking scene, so it might be
something obvious to the experts, but it has me stumped.
I've checked all the cables etc and everything looks fine so i'm
not sure if i have to set
something up i.e software.
sorry if this post is vague but i'm not very techie with comp
equip. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

keith r

Check out any power settings on the laptop e.g. if the laptop goes
into standby it would upset the working of the WLAN adapter...

--
BRG
===