Should I USB or Ethernet ?

Old July 21st 03, 06:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
netshirker

Default Should I USB or Ethernet ?

Hi,

I have 2 PCs to Connect together to share files. PC1 is using Windows ME and
PC2 is using Windows XP.

I understand the principles of creating an ethernet connection using my 3Com
network cards and a piece of crossover cable.

I am totally ignorant of USB Networking, in other words using the USB port
on these computers and connecting the computers via this method.

What cable/device do I need to connect the computers with USB ?

What steps are required to configure USB on Me and XP ? Perhaps there is a tutorial
some one would recommend me.

What kinds of speed can I expect using USB ?

Thanks for any help.