Desperately disconnected!!!

Old July 22nd 03, 06:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Carolyn Tilley

Default Desperately disconnected!!!

We are trying to connect an XP Pro desktop to an ME laptop via a wireless
connection using 802.11. Both the PCI card and the PCMCIA cards are made by
Atmel

Can somebody please run me through the entire setup in words of one syllable
because we have tried everything and the software and manual are of no use
at all!
We appear to get connected ok but can't connect to the ME from the XP and
vice versa... and I'm sure it's something ridiculously simple but I just
can't figure it out!!
--

Carolyn
Webmaster

www.PurePayment.com
www.moneymailings4u.com

Old July 23rd 03, 10:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Carolyn Tilley

Thanks for that Anthony. I have done all that and it's still not letting me
do file sharing etc!!

--

Carolyn
Webmaster

www.PurePayment.com
www.moneymailings4u.com
"Antony Colwood" wrote in message

"Carolyn Tilley" wrote in message

snip
We appear to get connected ok but can't connect to the ME from the XP

and
vice versa... and I'm sure it's something ridiculously simple but I just
can't figure it out!!
--

/snip

This page shows how to deal with a basic problem with Win ME networking.
Both my desktop and my laptop have needed this fixing before they would
network.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q272991

--
Antony Colwood