3Com Etherlink III 509b-Combo - NT4 and switch to RJ45

Old July 23rd 03, 12:52 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Robert Secon

Default 3Com Etherlink III 509b-Combo - NT4 and switch to RJ45

I have WIN NT 4 and a 3COM Etherlink III with BNC and RJ45. Network just
worked fine with BNC, but now our institute switched from BNC to ISDN, so I
have to change from BNC to RJ45. Ive tried it manually through MS-DOS
bootdisc with an ****.cfg file to fix it, and I switched it there, but there
is still no link. Is it an NT4 problem? What can I do?

Old July 23rd 03, 01:55 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bernard Peek

In message , Robert Secon
writes
I have WIN NT 4 and a 3COM Etherlink III with BNC and RJ45. Network just
worked fine with BNC, but now our institute switched from BNC to ISDN, so I
have to change from BNC to RJ45. Ive tried it manually through MS-DOS
bootdisc with an ****.cfg file to fix it, and I switched it there, but there
is still no link. Is it an NT4 problem? What can I do?

Your reference to ISDN confuses me. Are you sure that's what you meant?
You can't plug a network card into an ISDN service, it won't work and
you may damage something.

Go to Control Panel, Networks, Adapters and select properties of the
Etherlink III. I believe there is a setting that you may need to change,
but it's a long time since I used one of those cards. Can you confirm
that your network is compatible with 10Mb network cards?

--
Bernard Peek