ZoneAlarm on Win2K pro client

Old July 24th 03, 11:44 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chieftain

Default ZoneAlarm on Win2K pro client

Hi All
I have a 2 comptuer lan setup

Main comp is XP Pro using ICS via dialup modem and I use the XP
inbuilt firewall

Second comp is Win2K pro connected to main via crossover cable

The second comp is just for messing about with Win2k etc, there are
no extra progs installed, only the OS. When I start the client up, it
joins the network ok and I can browse/copy files etc. When I start IE
up it'll initiate a dialup connection to the internet via the modem on
the XP comp and it all works great. But it will only start the dialup
after I initiate it, which is what I want.

The Probelm

I installed ZoneAlarm pro on the client to leran about it etc. But
now when I start the client up it joins the network and also starts up
a dialup connection. If i manually cancel it on the XP comp a short
time later it will start a dialup again, ad infinitum.

Is there setting in ZoneAlarm to stop this behaviour

I know it's ZoneAlarm thats causing it to happen, as I un-installed
ZoneAlarm and the problem stopped happening.

Chieftain