Network shares Win 2000 and XP

Old July 25th 03, 01:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brian Reay

Default Network shares Win 2000 and XP

I'm trying to share some directories & a printer from an PC with Win 2000 to
a Laptop with Win XP (Home).

The network link is OK, the internet sharing works, and I can share a
directory on the laptop with the main PC.

However, the laptop can't see the shared directories on the PC or the
printer- both are shared.

Any ideas, please?

Regards

Brian

--
73
Brian

Old July 25th 03, 07:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Brian Reay wrote:
I'm trying to share some directories & a printer from an PC with Win
2000 to a Laptop with Win XP (Home).

The network link is OK, the internet sharing works, and I can share a
directory on the laptop with the main PC.

However, the laptop can't see the shared directories on the PC or the
printer- both are shared.

Any ideas, please?

You need to disable the firewall on the XP machine?

--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Old July 25th 03, 09:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brian Reay

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
Brian Reay wrote:
I'm trying to share some directories & a printer from an PC with Win
2000 to a Laptop with Win XP (Home).

The network link is OK, the internet sharing works, and I can share a
directory on the laptop with the main PC.

However, the laptop can't see the shared directories on the PC or the
printer- both are shared.

Any ideas, please?

You need to disable the firewall on the XP machine?

I can see 'into' the XP machine fine- it is the Win2000 machine that is
playing silly buggers.