Does Zonealarm Effect A Network?

Old July 28th 03, 04:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rich

Default Does Zonealarm Effect A Network?

I have a desktop (XP home) and laptop (XP home) networked with a crossover
cable and can access the internet from both only when I exit Zonealarm (free
version). I have been told that this is a problem if you use ZA freeware
version, but is not a problem if you are running ZA Pro. Any knowledge or
experiences with regards to this would be appreciated.

TIA

Rich

Old July 28th 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
aardvark99

The free version only works with a single PC. If you are using one PC with
internet sharing for another (as in your case) you either need to buy the
Pro Version of use an alternative free firewall that does support multiple
PCs. I too found this out the hard way!

Old July 28th 03, 08:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Groove

aardvark99 said this...
The free version only works with a single PC.

I would dispute this. I have 2 pc's networked through a Linksys router. The
98se box is running the free ZA while the XP box has ZAPro. They are chatting
together perfectly and also both access the 'net without issues.
I believe you have to adjust the security zones to get this to work. Anybody
else remember what to do?

--
~ dvd ~