ADSL Router and WAP

Old July 28th 03, 07:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
David Wade

Default ADSL Router and WAP

Have you disabled DHCP in the belkin, and allowed it to use the DHCP in the
router?

"PDoc" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

After moving home, I've just about got ADSL running again. However,
the place I'm living in now is a lot bigger, so I've invested in a
Belkin Wireless Access Point. I've connected this to my Etec ADSL
router, but I can't get the two to talk. The WAP has ip 192.268.2.254,
subnet 255.255.255.0. My desktop has ip 192.268.2.200, and can ping
the WAP to problem over the wireless network. The ADSL router has ip
192.268.2.205, but won't communicate through the WAP at all. Ive tried
both crossover and patch CAT5e cables to link them, but to no avail.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Paul.