Recommend a Terminal Emulator for a newbie?

Old July 29th 03, 10:01 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking
Steve Walker

Default Recommend a Terminal Emulator for a newbie?

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Steve Walker wrote:

Through googling, discover that Hyperterminal in NT & 2K is generally
incapable of sending the break signal required to prevent boot.
Had been trying for an hour, thanks for that....... (

Try the one from www.hilgraeve.com
Its what our Cisco engineers use.

Thanks Alex - I did install the 6.3 PE version early on, but it still
won't have it. According to a great many posts on the web this is a
common experience, and Cisco seem to validate it. Don't know if it's
a keyboard issue or a command issue though.....

Thinking about it, the other solution would be to use a W98 box for the
terminal work - apparently any flavour of hyperterminal works fine from
that. Still hoping the guy I bought it from can obtain the passwords
though - damned sight easier... )

Cheers -
Steve