win 95 - xp network

Old July 30th 03, 06:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris

Default win 95 - xp network

Why cant I see my win 95 machine from my xp machine I can see the other way
by setting up a mapped drive but not from neighbourhood network.

Thanks Chris

Old July 30th 03, 07:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BRG

"Chris" wrote in
:

Why cant I see my win 95 machine from my xp machine I can see
the other way by setting up a mapped drive but not from
neighbourhood network.

Thanks Chris

Are they both in the same Workgroup?

--
BRG
===

Old August 1st 03, 12:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Khyle Westmoreland

This sometimes happens if you start up the computer before plugging it into
the network, or sometimes after bringing it out of standby. Try restarting
the PC whilst being plugged into the network and see if that works.

I have this prob quite often with PCs on my network. Not sure why they do it
but they rectify themselves after a short while. But then again I don't need
to access the other PCs, fortunately.

HTH
Khyle - W