XBox packet sniffer

Old July 30th 03, 07:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
The Plebism

Default XBox packet sniffer

Does anyone know of a packet sniffer than I can use in my home network that
will detect my Xbox ??

Thanks

Pleb

Old August 1st 03, 02:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
The Plebism

Is the XBox plugged into a hub or a switch?

hi :-)

I have cabe internet that goes from the cable modem into a Linksys 4 port
router. My xbox and desktop then connect via cat5 and a wireless access
point comes of the router to give access to my laptop.

Pleb

Old August 1st 03, 05:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jay

Get cain from www.oxid.it and get it doing ARP poisoning between the
IP of the Xbox and the IP of the router. All packets should then flow
through your PC for inspection.

jay