Mobile Ethernet Hub

Old July 31st 03, 02:08 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sm4rtie

Default Mobile Ethernet Hub

I'm sure some of some you have been in the same situation ....
meeting room ..... one company LAN connection ...... 7 or 8 people with
laptops, all hoping to sync their e-mail before the meeting starts.

What I'm after is a small, light Ethernet hub (10Mb is fine) that has 5-8
ports and preferably powered from a USB port on one of the laptops ....

I have found the sort of thing I'm looking for at

http://w-linx.com.tw/products/network/mini-hub.htm

which can be powered from USB or PS2 ..... but no UK suppliers :-(

Any ideas?

Old July 31st 03, 09:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
shope

"Sm4rtie" wrote in message
I'm sure some of some you have been in the same situation ....
meeting room ..... one company LAN connection ...... 7 or 8 people with
laptops, all hoping to sync their e-mail before the meeting starts.

What I'm after is a small, light Ethernet hub (10Mb is fine) that has 5-8
ports and preferably powered from a USB port on one of the laptops ....

I have found the sort of thing I'm looking for at

http://w-linx.com.tw/products/network/mini-hub.htm

which can be powered from USB or PS2 ..... but no UK suppliers :-(

I have an old D-link 10M 4 port hub which runs off a mouse port - ideal for
what you describe.

However, cant find it on their web site anymore.

Any ideas?

--
Regards

Old August 1st 03, 12:31 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sm4rtie

Thanks for the reply ... does it have a product code or number? Maybe I
could pick one up second-hand on ebay.

Old August 2nd 03, 07:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sm4rtie

Cheers Chris .... power leads are a bit pricey but it is just what I wanted.

"Chris O" wrote in message
Black Box do one - go to
http://catalog.blackbox.com/bboxuk/T...mainscreen.asp

Select the Search Catalogue option
and find LLB-405/PS (or search for Microhub)