getting modem settings html behind router

Old August 1st 03, 02:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Khyle Westmoreland

Default getting modem settings html behind router

I don't know if your router supports it but try changing the IP addressing
on it. I.E. Change all the IPs on the router to 192.168.1.x. This will mean
the router is at http://192.168.1.1 and the modem at http://192.168.0.1. I
don't have your router so unfortnately can't help.

Khyle - W

"gappy" wrote in message
Is this possible?

Here's my situation..

my computer - DI-624 router - DSL-300G+ modem - internet

I want to access the modem's webmin page - usually http://192.168.0.1/ but
obviously can't because that's the routers webmin page..

Is there any way to pull this off? Or do I have to keep pulling the cable
out and putting it in my computer every time something goes wrong..

thanks for any help