Mentor Broadband Router Help

Old August 2nd 03, 01:24 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Allan McDermid

Default Mentor Broadband Router Help

Hi, I have recently purchased a Mentor 4 port Broadband Router. I have got
2 computer connected to it successfully sharing the internet connection. I
am trying to network the two computers together for file sharing, etc,
however I cannot ping one computer from the other when connected via the
router.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can overcome this problem.

I have tried looking for Firmware upgrades for it but found very little
information.

Thanks
Allan

Old August 4th 03, 02:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Blundell

In article , Allan
McDermid writes
Hi, I have recently purchased a Mentor 4 port Broadband Router. I have got
2 computer connected to it successfully sharing the internet connection. I
am trying to network the two computers together for file sharing, etc,
however I cannot ping one computer from the other when connected via the
router.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can overcome this problem.

I have tried looking for Firmware upgrades for it but found very little
information.

I got a firmware update by emailing the support address at the
distributor website.
http://www.linden-computech.com/index1.htm

Let me know if they send you anything later than V 1.01.0095 as that is
what I was sent back in April.

However I think your problem is more likely down to network
configuration on your PCs.

--
John Blundell
Antispam From: address