ZA and networks

Old August 3rd 03, 12:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Den

Default ZA and networks

Rather than install ZA on the other PC's as I do not use them for the net.
I sometimes scan via the local network, one was scanned, then decided
to scan the third PC (three partions) but after checking C:\ I then continued
on to D:\ this was OK until I reached a directory containing 895MB of files.

While the rest was OK, this one directory seemed to take forever and never
completely finished it.(even after a couple of hours)
So I was wondering if this was a fault of ZA or the "slow" ISA & coax connections
as I have no real need for a fast network for home use.

Den

Old August 5th 03, 07:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Den

"Rob Morley" wrote in message . com...

You don't mean ZA, do you?

This is what I wondered if it is the ZoneAlarm version 2.1.44 I know it is
an old version but works fine. While I do realise that the ISA/coax is slow,
but never had a problem as file transfer at high speed is not a problem, it just
that I was about to sort identical files before transferring to CD-RW.

Den

Old August 5th 03, 08:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Groove

Rob Morley said this...

Sorry, you lost me there.

This is the weirdest thread. It sounds like the OP is talking about a virus
scanner.. perhaps?
--
~ dvd ~