Email Sharing over Network

Old August 4th 03, 12:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew Pick

Default Email Sharing over Network

"Soarer8" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a question I was hoping someone could help me with. My wife's boss
wants her to be able to access his emails from her workstation when he is
out of the office. There is a server (windows 2000), my wife's pc (windows
98) and the boss's pc (XP Pro). He uses Microsoft Outlook (and has no idea
of his email password). She uses Incredimail. Whats the ways this can be
done. His computer will not be turned off and will have Microsoft Outlook
running as well (if that matters). I know she could get up, go to his
computer and have a look, but thats not really helping!

Some form of remote control could help where she would be able to login and
view his PC across the network from her own PC ?

Have a look at www.tightvnc.net

Free remote control software. Not brilliantly fast but it works and its
free! Setup the viewer on the wife's PC and the server on the boss' PC.

Andy

Have a look at www.tightvnc.net

Free remote control software. Not brilliantly fast but it works and its
free! Setup the viewer on the wife's PC and the server on the boss' PC.

Tight VNC is optimised to minimize network traffic. Try RealVNC if there is
LAN in between. If Outlook is open and not using Exchange Server then this
is the only way to share e-mail

Andy