Wireless home network?

Old August 7th 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew

Default Wireless home network?

Could anyone point me to a good, clear, easy to follow guide to setting up a
wireless home network, please?
I want to network a desktop PC to a laptop. Both are running Windows XP
Home. Currently the desktop PC is connected to BT Openworld BB via the
Alcatel Speedtouch 330 ADSL modem. My main concern is do I need to purchase
a different BB modem or just a wireless router (as well as a PCI card and
PCMCIA card)?

TIA,

Andrew

Old August 15th 03, 10:17 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve

Hi Andrew, I set up the same thing here... put a PCI card and a PCMCIA card
into that on the desktop, then put a PCMCIA card into the laptop and all
worked fine...

The only difference I use XP Pro so not sure if that will make any
difference....

Ps only just joined this group so this may be a little late..

Steve