can I use an adsl wifi router as an AP?

Old August 8th 03, 03:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
ian

Default can I use an adsl wifi router as an AP?

Hi

I will be able to get adsl in November and am thinking of buying a netgear
dg824m wireless router/ap.

If I buy this now could I use it just as an AP for my network in
infastructure mode and if so whats involved? I currently use ICS for web
access and this will continue until BB is available.

I currently have 2 laptops, 1 ipaq and a pc all connected adhoc - what I
don't want is for any of the computers connected vie wires to the router as
the phone point I want to use for the adsl will be in the center of the
house not near any of the machines. I could connect one of the laptops if
required for setup purposes.

thanks for any help

Ian