blocking instant messenger users help please

Old August 10th 03, 12:33 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
gappy

Default blocking instant messenger users help please

did a quick search for you,

MSN TCP/1863

For MSN
Block all servers from 64.4.13.0/24
Source port 1863

hope this helps!

btw you can't protect your daughter from everything, better to educate than
try to prevent.

"Thebluenowhere01" wrote in message
Hello all

I have a pc and a laptop which I have networked, due to the fact I use AOL

have to use analog proxy to be able to share my internet connection with

my
daughter on the laptop.

She uses msn instant messenger a lot, and I'm not happy with some of the

people
she has been talking with, I have blocked them on her laptop, but I found

she
was just unblocking them.

What I would like to do is have some way of blocking from my pc, is this
possible ? maybe via a firewall or something similar. Any suggestions

welcome.
Other than turn of analog proxy all together.

Both pc's are running windows xp.

Many thanks

Steve

Old August 10th 03, 01:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Thebluenowhere01

Thanks or the info, I agree with you on the education comments, but life's
never that easy in our house. If you can talk with the teenagers in your
household and they act on every word of advice you give them, then I envy you
very much :-)

Anyway back to the blocking, maybe blocking is not the correct word to use
here, maybe filtering would fit the description of what I would like to do a
bit better. I would like to filter the users from my pc. For example I know all
the class mates and friends, so allowing them through and on to the laptop via
the network, and everyone else just gets bounced.

And to all the teenagers reading this, no offence intended in any way.

Many thanks

Steve