totall lost

Old August 10th 03, 06:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Julian Hales

Default totall lost

Hi
Got a lan, everything was hunky dory, now the server machine has longs its
status, i can ping to it fine, but no other puter seees it, itself in N
neighbourhood shows nothing. getting no conflicts as i can find, i did add
a 2nd scsi card, now took that out but still the same, all the network
settings have been left untouched, it surfs the web etc thru the lan/router.

Im stuck.......anyone?
ta

Old August 10th 03, 07:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Julian Hales

It times out when i ping from the server......surfing the web on it so i
know the NIC and cable are fine

Old August 10th 03, 10:47 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article ,
[email protected] says...
Hi
Got a lan, everything was hunky dory, now the server machine has longs its
status, i can ping to it fine, but no other puter seees it, itself in N
neighbourhood shows nothing. getting no conflicts as i can find, i did add
a 2nd scsi card, now took that out but still the same, all the network
settings have been left untouched, it surfs the web etc thru the lan/router.

What OS? Can you access it by \\servername\sharename type syntax?

Old August 11th 03, 01:16 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Julian Hales

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
. com...
In article ,
[email protected] says...
Hi
Got a lan, everything was hunky dory, now the server machine has longs

its
status, i can ping to it fine, but no other puter seees it, itself in N
neighbourhood shows nothing. getting no conflicts as i can find, i did

add
a 2nd scsi card, now took that out but still the same, all the network
settings have been left untouched, it surfs the web etc thru the

lan/router.

What OS? Can you access it by \\servername\sharename type syntax?

I sorted it, ZA decided to reset to default and block everything without me
knowing......ba! I did try to post earlier but my main ME machine is
currupt and often wont post when i want it too.

Old August 11th 03, 01:39 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article ,
[email protected] says...

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
. com...
In article ,
[email protected] says...
Hi
Got a lan, everything was hunky dory, now the server machine has longs

its
status, i can ping to it fine, but no other puter seees it, itself in N
neighbourhood shows nothing. getting no conflicts as i can find, i did

add
a 2nd scsi card, now took that out but still the same, all the network
settings have been left untouched, it surfs the web etc thru the

lan/router.

What OS? Can you access it by \\servername\sharename type syntax?

I sorted it, ZA decided to reset to default and block everything without me
knowing......ba! I did try to post earlier but my main ME machine is
currupt and often wont post when i want it too.

Can you explain to me why so many people seem to use ZA, when KPF seems
so much better (to me at least?).
Old August 11th 03, 01:51 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Julian Hales

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
.com...
In article ,
[email protected] says...

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
[...]

never heard of KPF, now 5 min ago ZA has gone back to default, not got to
enter all my IP details etc......not even the updated version i heard people
complain about.

Old August 11th 03, 10:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article ,
[email protected] says...
snip

Check it out at http://www.kerio.co.uk/kpf_home.html

Old August 11th 03, 12:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Julian Hales

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
.com...
In article ,
[email protected] says...
snip

never heard of KPF, now 5 min ago ZA has gone back to default, not got

enter all my IP details etc......not even the updated version i heard

people
complain about.

Check it out at http://www.kerio.co.uk/kpf_home.html

will check it out.
cheers

Old August 11th 03, 01:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bigguy

Heh, its the sadly defunct Tiny Personal Firewall - reincarnated - excellent
bit of software..... ;-)

Guy

Rob Morley wrote:
In article ,
[email protected] says...
snip

Old August 11th 03, 02:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article , says...
Heh, its the sadly defunct Tiny Personal Firewall - reincarnated - excellent
bit of software..... ;-)

It never defuncted :-) I've been using it since it was TPF, Kerio
changed the name but it's always been available - it's basically the
packet filtering functionality from WinRoute with a bit added on to do
checksums for apps. I'm not sure what the "new" TPF is about - guess
it's a spinoff by one of the original developers.

Rob Morley wrote:
In article ,
[email protected] says...
snip