blocking instant messenger users help please

Old August 10th 03, 10:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
David Wade

Default blocking instant messenger users help please

"Thebluenowhere01" wrote in message
Hello all

I have a pc and a laptop which I have networked, due to the fact I use AOL

have to use analog proxy to be able to share my internet connection with

my
daughter on the laptop.

She uses msn instant messenger a lot, and I'm not happy with some of the

people
she has been talking with, I have blocked them on her laptop, but I found

she
was just unblocking them.

What I would like to do is have some way of blocking from my pc, is this
possible ? maybe via a firewall or something similar. Any suggestions

welcome.
Other than turn of analog proxy all together.

All my children have VNC on their PCs so I can have a quick decco at what
they are up to. You might also make sure that their MSN is logged and you
check the logs. If she objects to that then you can always turn the access
off. However if you do so you run the risk she will go to a friends house
and continue from there....

Both pc's are running windows xp.

Many thanks

Steve