Broadband distribution over 802.11g? Anyone doing this?

Old August 11th 03, 12:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Broadband distribution over 802.11g? Anyone doing this?

I'd like to be able to connect my PC downstairs to the internet without
having the PC upstairs turned on; likewise with my laptop. Question
is, how do I get this to work? Here's what I have so far:

ADSL Nation X-Modem (ethernet) upstairs
4 port mini hub (not a router)
Wireless PCI card in PC downstairs
Wireless Laptop card

After seeing tests in PC Pro magazine I'm going for Linksys kit, but
do I get the WirelessG Broadband Router or the WirelessG Access Point?
I understand there are problems using the X-Modem with Linksys
equipment (only supports PPPoE not PPPoA), so if the X-Modem has to go,
so be it.

Can someone who has successfully shared broadband over an 802.11g
network as required above let me know what equipment they used to get it
running?

Thanks,

Lee.
--
Editor, DVD Debate
http://www.dvddebate.com

Upset motorists: remember, motorways offer a hard shoulder to cry on.