linksys WAP11v2.2 as a scanner ?

Old August 13th 03, 04:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Thebluenowhere01

Default linksys WAP11v2.2 as a scanner ?

Hello all

I have a linksys WAP11v2.2 wireless access point, I use it with my laptop
around the house. With my laptop I can do a scan of the Wifi channels looking
to see what networks are available. Is there anyway to do this with my linksys
WAP11v2.2. The reason I ask is the linksys has an external aerial, and may well
pick up other Wifi that my laptop can not hear.

Many thanks

Steve