Best Wireless Access Point and PCMCIA card

Old August 14th 03, 09:48 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tester

Default Best Wireless Access Point and PCMCIA card

What is the best Wireless Access Point and PCMCIA cards available in
UK?

I already have a decent hub and adsl modem, and my major concern is
about getting the best coverage throughout the house and Im assuming
that an access point plugged into the hub will be best solution.

The reason why I ask is that I used to have the Asus ADSL modem with
integrated hub and wireless but the range was appauling and i
struggled to get a connection in the next room!

What APs offer best range and/or which allow you to bolt on some sort
of bigger aerial if the ones provided are not adequate.

Would appreciate advice from people who have implemented wireless
successfully.

Thanks
Old August 14th 03, 02:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Max Coppin

I got the Netgear dg824m when it was on offer with a free PCMCIA card, 130
ish all in. Easy to set up, works well.

om...