Network Camera help

Old August 15th 03, 10:12 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve

Default Network Camera help

Hi All, first posting here so fingers crossed....

I have a network camera and want to bypass the built in logon screen so it
embeds in a normal web page using java, below is the script which Intellinet
supply and it all works over the LAN but how do I get it to work from a web
page on the internet as logging in from else where I get the screen but no
image which is because of the ip address...

My web site is hosted at supanames and of course the network camera is
hosted on my private network at home can it be done?

I also have another domain name which I have set up a redirect? via
dyndns.net and that all works fine... and can log in via the web...

If anyone has a simple way to do this and please keep it simply then I would
be very greatful.

Regards Steve
P.S
Below is the script they supply...

script language="javascript"
SRC="http://192.168.0.15/web/javascript.js"/script
script language=JavaScript
var vStart = 0;
var vSemi = 0;
vStart = document.cookie.indexOf( "mainauthority", 0 );
if(vStart!=-1) vSemi = document.cookie.indexOf(";", vStart);
if( vSemi == -1 ) vSemi = document.cookie.length;

}
/script
APPLET CODE=LoadJpg.class ARCHIVE=loadjpg.jar name=NCApplet
WIDTH=320 HEIGHT=260 CODEBASE = http://192.168.0.15/web/
PARAM NAME=FPS VALUE=30
param name=ImageTransferPort value=8080
param name=ID value=guest
param name=PASSWORD value=guest
param name="VER_FLIP" value="0"
param name="HOR_FLIP" value="0"
/APPLET

--
Regards Steve

Old August 15th 03, 01:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Hughes

well, obviously, that script needs to change to either a dyndns.org domain
pointing to your camera's external ip (or just a domain you point to it if
its a static ip) or the camera's ip!

Old August 15th 03, 02:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply, what I have is a domain name, and that's it
nothing on it.
So using dyndns I can simply point to that and then my router redirects (if
that's the correct expression) to my cam's IP and all works.... nothing
exciting there it's just hanging out the window at present.

What I want to do is put the image on a webpage but can't figure that part
out, the script below works, and displays the small grey java window but no
image of course just wonder if it's possible bearing in mind my site is
hosted at supanames and my camera is here... doing my head in!!!

At least it's Friday grin

Steve

Old August 15th 03, 06:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve

I bought mine from.... dam... can't remember the name off the top of my head
but did a search on google uk and they are anything from 199.00 up to 300+
and that's the same camera, it's Intellinet IP Camera... got a good review
on http://www17.tomshardware.com/networ...camera-17.html

Steve wrote:

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply, what I have is a domain name, and that's

it
nothing on it.
So using dyndns I can simply point to that and then my router redirects
(if that's the correct expression) to my cam's IP and all works....

its called port forwarding, or NAPT,(Network Address and Port Translation)
and you need to make sure port 80 is being forwarded to your camera's IP.

just curious, where do you get these network cameras, and what is the
pricing like?