Help req

Old August 15th 03, 11:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
bluey2k

Default Help req

Hi
I have 3 pcs connected through a hub all with Win98se
all work fine share files,printers and internet no problem.

The problem is
When I connect my laptop up (which has xp pro installed)
it connects to the internet fine, sees other computers fine, but when I try
to access my laptop from any of the other pcs it asks for a password, but I
haven't any passwords set up on the laptop.

Please help

Old August 15th 03, 01:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Hughes

bluey2k wrote:

Hi
I have 3 pcs connected through a hub all with Win98se
all work fine share files,printers and internet no problem.

The problem is
When I connect my laptop up (which has xp pro installed)
it connects to the internet fine, sees other computers fine, but when I
try to access my laptop from any of the other pcs it asks for a password,
but I haven't any passwords set up on the laptop.

Please help

its set by default, and to access it from other machines, those machines
will have to have the same username and password as your xp machine (win98
didnt support user login prompts, only passwords)

or you can probably disable the password protection, im not sure how though,
dont really use windows