ADSL Router Recommendations

Old August 17th 03, 08:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jeff

Default ADSL Router Recommendations

Hi,

My exchange finally gets activated at the start of September so i'm
looking for a 4 port DSL router to go with the 8 ip addy package from
Nildram. I've used the Netgear DG814 at work with minimal problems,
but it would be worth knowing if i can do better.

Looked at the Solwise SAR715 which seems to do just about everything
other than make coffee. Any thoughts? or should i look elsewhere?

Cheers

Jeff

--
Jeff
http://www.supersonic.org.uk/
Old August 17th 03, 08:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve

D-Link 604+ with wireless Lan used with no problems...
5 Year guarantee as well... best bit you can chuck out the frog...

Regards Steve

Old August 20th 03, 06:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stroller

Jeff wrote in message . ..
Hi,

My exchange finally gets activated at the start of September so i'm
looking for a 4 port DSL router to go with the 8 ip addy package from
Nildram. I've used the Netgear DG814 at work with minimal problems,
but it would be worth knowing if i can do better.

Looked at the Solwise SAR715 which seems to do just about everything
other than make coffee. Any thoughts? or should i look elsewhere?

I purchased a Draytek 2600 for use with my ADSL /29. I can't remember
why I decided it was better than the Solwise, but that was the
conclusion I came to, and I'm very happy with it. It's easy to set up
& it has plenty of features.

When I got it it was 119 from http://dslsource.co.uk/

HTH,

Stroller.
Old August 21st 03, 12:14 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bernard Peek

In message , Stroller
writes
Jeff wrote in message
Hi,

My exchange finally gets activated at the start of September so i'm
looking for a 4 port DSL router to go with the 8 ip addy package from
Nildram. I've used the Netgear DG814 at work with minimal problems,
but it would be worth knowing if i can do better.

Looked at the Solwise SAR715 which seems to do just about everything
other than make coffee. Any thoughts? or should i look elsewhere?

I purchased a Draytek 2600 for use with my ADSL /29. I can't remember
why I decided it was better than the Solwise, but that was the
conclusion I came to, and I'm very happy with it. It's easy to set up
& it has plenty of features.

I have the Solwise 715 router. When it works it's fine, and now that
I've got a desk fan blowing on it that means it works all of the time.
It appears to overheat.

One thing I'd advise is that the cheap Solwise plug-in filters aren't
very good. I'd recommend getting the pukkah BT type, they cost a few
quid more.

--
Bernard Peek