Sitecom wireless networking problem

Old August 19th 03, 10:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mike Hughes

Default Sitecom wireless networking problem

make sure both are setup with the same ESSID, the same channel and if you
are using WEP encryption make sure both keys are the same, also make sure
the 2 pcs are in range, (right next to each other is a good start)

as for the connection sharing, yes, you can setup ICS.

Stephen Huxtable wrote:

Just got a phonecall from one of my "customers" wanting help with his
new network he has a laptop (98 SE) and PC (XP Home) fitted with
Sitecom wireless network cards i.e. no access point.
He wants me to take a look because XP on the PC says the wireless
connection is not working. The laptop he says is ok but is this setup
right. Will two wireless network cards create a peer to peer network
between XP and 98 and share a dial-up networking connection on XP.
This visit could turnout to be a real headache and would appreciate
any help from your goodselves.