help internet sharing!!!

Old August 21st 03, 09:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
soulman

Default help internet sharing!!!

your a star m8,thanks

soulman.

"Real nwsy" wrote in message

"soulman" wrote in message
.. .
pulling my fricken hair out tryin to network 2 p.c, both using xp on a

cross
over cable. did have the internet sharing working by some stroke of

luck.but
then i used the network wizzard and now it does'nt

host p.c
use's following
ip addy 192.168.0.1
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway ________blank

other p.c
use following
ip addy 192.168.0.3
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
default gateway 192.168.0.1

can get all file sharing and printer working. i can see the connection

on
p.c 2 but does'nt use it? it's in the network connections and say's its
connected ok....
but it still won't use it for the internet.

Couple of things spring to mind:

Firewall: Do you have one? Have you set 192.168.0.3 as being allowed

access?

IP address: On my W2K machine ICS prefers to give PC2 its own choice of IP
addy, try setting PC2 to get its IP from elsewhere.