help - looking for a university that will give me comuter access

Old August 22nd 03, 02:57 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave

Default help - looking for a university that will give me comuter access

When I looked with my son at a couple schools a few years ago, I was amazed
at how the schools we looked at provided labs with PCs in them, but no one
used them because nearly all the students had their own PCs!

"alan boliston" wrote in message
om...
I used to go to evening and part-time day classes at the University Of
Wales, Aberystwyth, and found that this gave me access to the
university's computer facilities.

This was great, as I can't afford a computer of my own. I'm looking
for somewhere else to live now, and I'd like to go to a place that has
a university or college that will give me this sort of computer
access. I'm finding it surprisingly hard to get the necessary info
from the universities themselves, however, as a lot of them are really
slow in replying to my emails.

Does anyone here have any experiences of using university computers as
an 'outsider'?

Thanks in advance

Alan