WinXP Pro Is there a network problem ?

Old August 22nd 03, 09:57 AM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.comp.home-networking
Real nwsy

Default WinXP Pro Is there a network problem ?

"Keith Hodson" wrote in message
I'm having problems with Xp Pro.

TCP/IP worked fine initially but now will not connect to anything on the
LAN. I've had to install NetBEUI in order to file share.

The only similarity to other posts I can gather is that I auto update
regularily. Is there an update that has caused havoc with TCP/IP ?

I put the network together to forn a small gaming system that has also
stopped communicating ( game servers no longer see the clients etc.).

Help ?

I'm seriously considering returning back to Win ME on all my machines.

last month Microsoft released an update for Win2k that basically fuxxed my
entire OS. Uninstalled it & had no probs since. Haven't updated since
either. If whatever was in that patch is being ported for XP then your
problem does indeed lie there. Googling for the update codes as seen in the
add/remove software section should reveal some interesting points of view.
Certainly did when I did it.