Newb question. How can I connect 2 wired networks using wireless ?

Old August 22nd 03, 07:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Nick

Default Newb question. How can I connect 2 wired networks using wireless ?

I have 2 small cat5 networks. 1 is adsl connected by a router. 2 has no
external connection. I would like to link both networks using wireless to
create a larger network and also to give 2 an internet connection. Both
networks use switches that have spare capacity.
The closest point between 1 & 2 is about 20 metres with direct line of sight
but hardwiring is not an option for several reasons. There are pc's
available where the line of sight is shortest, but the incoming telephone
connection is about 65 metres away, no line of sight and quite a few old and
very thick walls between.
I suppose what I am trying to do would look like:
adsl - router - network 1 pc - (wireless bit) - network 2 pc - whole of
network 2.
Can anyone tell me please what equipment I need for the "wireless bit".
Also, is set up problematical ? - I am very much a newbie at wireless stuff.
Hope the above makes some sense.
Thanks a lot

Nick.

Old August 25th 03, 01:40 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Robin Goodfellow

sorry, i meant to post that message up one.

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
.com...
In article ,
says...
[...]

Get a couple of wireless-to-ethernet bridges, plug them into
your switches, set their addresses and away you go (as long as you can
configure both of the existing networks to be on the same subnet).
Have a look at
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware...ksys_wet11.asp

Or you could fit a wireless card to each of the two line-of-sight PCs and
use bridging/routing software on them to bridge the ethernet networks.