help !... please

Old August 22nd 03, 08:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
in2minds

Default help !... please

trying to network a pc and laptop wirelessly.

both run WinXP home
both use US Robotics 22Mbps NICs, same model and both new

have installed them correctly, as stated in the manuals, switched off the "Use Windows
to set up my wireless network" on both and set them both to ad-hoc mode.

all settings on both are the same yet the LT can see, but not access, the PC
and the PC can't see the LT or rather it gives a warning "Mynetwork is not accessible,
you might not have permission etc. etc."

can anyone point me in the direction of an online source for setting up wireless
networking on XP or offer some advice... or both

thanks
Les