WinXP Pro Is there a network problem ?

Old August 23rd 03, 12:20 AM posted to comp.os.ms-windows.networking.tcp-ip,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.comp.home-networking
Ken Wickes [MSFT]

Default WinXP Pro Is there a network problem ?

When NetBEUI works and TCP/IP doesn't it usually means a firewall is
interfering.

--

Ken Wickes [MSFT]

"Keith Hodson" wrote in message
I'm having problems with Xp Pro.

TCP/IP worked fine initially but now will not connect to anything on the
LAN. I've had to install NetBEUI in order to file share.

The only similarity to other posts I can gather is that I auto update
regularily. Is there an update that has caused havoc with TCP/IP ?

I put the network together to forn a small gaming system that has also
stopped communicating ( game servers no longer see the clients etc.).

Help ?

I'm seriously considering returning back to Win ME on all my machines.