AOL & D-Link 604

Old August 25th 03, 01:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rft080554

Default AOL & D-Link 604

Hi Guys

Recently purchased D-Link Adsl router 604 to home netowrk my 3 PC's. Guess what
my ISP (AOL) say they don't support home networking although the tech support
did say that they were "excited" about it ! So as something of a networking
novice is there someway round this so that i can configure my router to use AOL
or am I faced with changing ISP?

Cheers

Rob Taylor
Old August 25th 03, 02:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Gadget Fiend

"Rft080554" wrote in message
Hi Guys

Recently purchased D-Link Adsl router 604 to home netowrk my 3 PC's. Guess

what
my ISP (AOL) say they don't support home networking although the tech

support
did say that they were "excited" about it ! So as something of a

networking
novice is there someway round this so that i can configure my router to

use AOL
or am I faced with changing ISP?

Cheers

Rob Taylor

The AOL agent was saying they don't support home networking on the AOL
customer support lines, not that the AOL service cannot be home networked.
Your router manual should be able to get you up and running. Same as any
other ADSL service.