Packet sniffin problems

Old August 25th 03, 02:53 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
The Plebism

Default Packet sniffin problems

Hi, can anyone explain the following:

When I have my xbox and desktop plugged into a hub, then into my router and
monitor traffic from the XBox on the Desktop

When I have my xbox and Laptop (which has a WiFi connection) into a hub then
into my router, I cannot monitor xbox traffic on my laptop.

Does this scenario have anything to do with the WiFi connection???

Thanks

The Plebism