bt router -anyone know the settings?

Old August 27th 03, 03:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MarkČ

Default bt router -anyone know the settings?

Robin Goodfellow wrote:
Hi,

A friend of mine is on BT ADSL, his brother got a 2nd hand BT router from a
friend but they have no idea of the ip address for the admin so at the
moment they are just using it as a switch. I was wondering if anyone would
know the default settings for their router, I think it is called Black Box
but I am not too sure. I am going down to try and set it up for him and I
was hoping that there would be a hard reset button and that I could set it
up from scratch for him.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Go to this site and do some research:
http://www.eusty.co.uk/

Then go round to your friends house.
If the router is badged BT, then it's not second hand, it's stolen.

--

MarkČ
Now Playing: Canned Heat - Parchman Farm