port forwarding

Old August 28th 03, 03:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
James

Default port forwarding

"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message
James in :

I am using an Etec router (based on a Conexant chipset). How do I go

about
enabling port 1337? I am planning on using the Waste software where I

think
this is a requirement. TIA.

I think its under virtual server configuration.

Andrew.

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I assume I put 1337 into the public port box,
what do I then put for the private port and the host address? I have tried
googling for the answers but couldn't find an exact answer.

James

Old August 28th 03, 11:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
James

I am using an Etec router (based on a Conexant chipset). How do I go
about
enabling port 1337? I am planning on using the Waste software where I

think
this is a requirement. TIA.

I think its under virtual server configuration.

Andrew.

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I assume I put 1337 into the public port box,
what do I then put for the private port and the host address? I have tried
googling for the answers but couldn't find an exact answer.

Bad form to follow up my own post I know but I have sorted it now. If anyone
else is trying to get waste to work and they are behind a router you need to
select the force ip option and enter your static ip.

Old August 29th 03, 12:11 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BRG

"James" wrote in
:

I am using an Etec router (based on a Conexant chipset). How
do I go

about
enabling port 1337? I am planning on using the Waste
software where I

think
this is a requirement. TIA.

I think its under virtual server configuration.

Andrew.

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I assume I put 1337 into the
public port box, what do I then put for the private port and
the host address? I have tried googling for the answers but
couldn't find an exact answer.

Bad form to follow up my own post I know but I have sorted it
now. If anyone else is trying to get waste to work and they are
behind a router you need to select the force ip option and enter
your static ip.

So what is the 'waste software' you referred to?

--
BRG
===
Old August 29th 03, 11:31 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
James

"BRG" wrote in message
"James" wrote in
:

I am using an Etec router (based on a Conexant chipset). How
do I go
about
enabling port 1337? I am planning on using the Waste
software where I
think
this is a requirement. TIA.

I think its under virtual server configuration.

Andrew.

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I assume I put 1337 into the
public port box, what do I then put for the private port and
the host address? I have tried googling for the answers but
couldn't find an exact answer.

Bad form to follow up my own post I know but I have sorted it
now. If anyone else is trying to get waste to work and they are
behind a router you need to select the force ip option and enter
your static ip.

So what is the 'waste software' you referred to?

Its a private p2p network http://gonze.com/waste/waste-faq.html has more
information.