Remote Shutdown

Old August 28th 03, 05:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris Kaley

Default Remote Shutdown

"Wake on LAN" is useful. too.
Provided all your machines are capable of the BIOS being set to LAN BOOT,
you can start any shut down machine remotely. This, in combination with a
remote shutdown utility has saved me miles of walking.....

Chris
"John Blundell" wrote in message
In article , The
Plebism writes
hi
My setup is a desktop and a laptop connected by a router.

My question is, can I shut one down remotely from the other.

I.E. When I have finised with one, type a command that with shut down the
other computer.

I'm using Remote Shutdown from http://www.ykwong.com/

--
John Blundell