Linksys Wireless-B Notebook adaptor - Min. requirements

Old August 29th 03, 01:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Default Linksys Wireless-B Notebook adaptor - Min. requirements

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Thu, 28 Aug
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Allan"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

I intended to connect an old Compaq laptop (Win 98SE)with the Linksys WPC11
card.
However, it states a minimum requirement of 200MHz processor and 64MB which
the laptop fails on both counts (166MHz, 48MB).
It works OK on an ethernet connection, can anyone tell me why the minimum
requirements and are they actually required or just "recommended"

I have a wireless card working on a P100 with 16Mb without problems.

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk AC Name: deKay
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk AC Town: Sponge